Fort Monmouth Land Use Regulations
The Land Use Regulations and Development and Design Guidelines [pdf 2.3MB] are intended to further the vision described in the Fort Monmouth Reuse and Redevelopment Plan (“Reuse Plan”) and are designed to promote flexibility in implementation of the Reuse Plan, where appropriate, so as to focus on the creation and replacement of new jobs and return the region to economic vitality as expeditiously as possible. The Rules were approved by the FMERA Board in June 2013 and were issued in the New Jersey Register on July 15, 2013.
As part of the local site plan and subdivision approval for Fort Monmouth properties, potential developers must submit an application for mandatory conceptual review to FMERA. Information on the mandatory conceptual review can be found below.
- Mandatory Conceptual Review (MCR) Rules (19:31C-3.20) [pdf 337kB] – Regulations governing the mandatory conceptual review process.
- MCR Application [pdf 273kB] – Application required for submission to FMERA
- MCR – Environmental Features Checklist [pdf 54kB] – Completion of checklist required should any sensitive environmental features be identified in the MCR application.
- Natural Resource Inventory [pdf 3.5MB] – Must be reviewed to complete MCR application.
The Historic District Design Guidelines [pdf 12.8MB] were approved by FMERA’s Board in March 2015 and are intended to provide guidance on renovations, restorations and new additions to Fort Monmouth’s contributing historic resources in Oceanport and Eatontown. These Guidelines are not included in the Land Use Regulations and are provided for guidance and recommendation only. Learn more about the history of Fort Monmouth here and FMERA’s obligations and plans for the National Register-listed Historic District here.
The following amendments to the Reuse Plan are intended to allow for alternative or additional development concepts, and were adopted by the FMERA Board. These amendments are considered supplementary to the Land Use Regulations.
- Plan Amendment #1 – Parcel E in Tinton Falls, adopted May 2012
- Plan Amendment #2 – Patterson Clinic in Oceanport, adopted December 2012
- Plan Amendment #3 – several parcels in Tinton Falls, adopted November 2015
- Plan Amendment #4 – Russel Hall and Dance Hall in Oceanport, adopted January 2016
- Plan Amendment #5 – Pistol Range in Tinton Falls, adopted May 2016
- Plan Amendment #6 – two parcels in Oceanport, adopted July 2016
- Plan Amendment #7 – Fitness Center in Oceanport, adopted August 2016
- Plan Amendment #9 – two parcels in Eatontown, adopted November 2017
- Plan Amendment #10 – Suneagles Golf Course in Eatontown, adopted May 2018
- Plan Amendment #11 – Allison Hall in Oceanport, adopted December 2018
- Plan Amendment #12 – Myer Center in Tinton Falls, adopted January 2019
- Plan Amendment #13 – Squier Hall in Oceanport, adopted April 2019
- Plan Amendment #14 – Lodging Area in Oceanport, adopted May 2019